Business Development – Manager – London
flinder is an international and multiple award-winning accounting, consulting and data analytics business. We’re finance function experts and specialise in the areas of data, technology and insight.
We developed a hybrid category between traditional accountancy firms and in-house finance teams. We bring the technical skills, range of experience levels and best-practice of an accounting and consulting firm but the intimacy, knowledge, business partnering and strategy focus of an in-house finance team. We’re also developing proprietary technology in the hugely innovative and exciting space of data analytics to deliver real-time analytics to our clients.
We work with fast-growth, typically equity-backed, businesses predominantly in London.
We also work with businesses all over the world; from the UK to Australia and the US on consulting and data analytics projects.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive our go-to-market strategy and execute sales campaigns in our key sectors: fast-growth tech and e-commerce, across our service lines: smart finance functions, consulting and data analytics. You will work with our outsourced marketing team and internal sector leads to execute the strategy. This role requires someone with business development (BD) and sales experience to drive pipeline growth, build our profile and deliver revenue generating activities for new prospects as well a smaller element of nurturing existing client accounts. You will need to be tenacious and driven, with strong influencing skills and impact. The role will cover finance function and data analytics solutions.
Duties & responsibilities
You will have responsibility for the following which may change from time to time:
• Working with our sector leaders to drive strategies and sales campaigns.
• Identifying and supporting new target account opportunities in our key sectors (fast-growth tech and e-commerce).
• Identifying and driving sales campaigns that leverage our thought-leadership, event programme and campaigns.
• Developing a pipeline of (key target) opportunities and follow our methodology through to proposal.
• Drafting proposals with clear value differentiators using our proposal software.
• Establishing a network of commercial relationships with intermediaries and the wider business community.
• Attending relevant events to network and represent flinder in the market.
• Developing an understanding of key client challenges and relevant flinder propositions to support (across finance function, consulting and real-time data analytics).
• Driving relevant internal business development meetings and subsequent actions.
• Accurately recording all BD and sales activities (meetings and opportunities) in our CRM (Pipedrive) system.
Experience & requirements
To be considered for the role you must have:
• Experience working in a startup and understanding the pains and challenges of growth in SaaS, tech or e-commerce business first-hand.
• A proven track record in an external client facing business development role.
• Experience in BD and selling in a professional services environment with service focused propositions.
• Building and executing sales campaigns and lead generation activities.
• The proven ability to drive, develop and convert a pipeline of opportunities from sales campaign to one-to-one conversations.
• Experience of developing channel partnerships.
• Use of CRM systems to drive and track relationships and campaigns.
• Strong communication, relationship and influencing skills.
• Resilience and tenacity.
• A sound business understanding as well as being commercially astute.
• Experience/background in accounting, fast-growth tech and e-commerce would be advantageous but not essential.
• £40,000 – £60,000 (experience dependent)
• Discretionary performance related bonus
• Pension contributions
• Unlimited holidays
• Private medical care
• Fully paid strategy week each year
• Employee perks provided through PerkBox
• Flexible working
• Laptop available for business and personal use
• Mobile phone or BYOD allowance
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to prospect sites and events will be required. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs.